How do I fix NETGEAR not working?
There are times when your modem or router does not work as it should. Though Netgear routers allow you to browse at a good speed, they may stop working sometimes. The common reasons could be an incorrect password, faulty antenna, or invalid IP address.
Do you need an answer for how do I fix NETGEAR not working? You can find all the answers in this article. Moreover, you can contact the customer support of your router to know the troubleshooting steps or procedure. But first, let's check the following steps that may help you.
How can I fix the Netgear router not working issue?
No matter what your router has stopped working, you can fix it in a click by following the tips below:
1. Restart your router: Unplug the router from the power supply for 30 seconds, and then insert it again. It can fix the simple issues you may face with the router.
2. Move-in the router's range: Sometimes, you get out of the router's range, which weakens the connection. So you can either move the device or move the router to a position where connections are strong.
3. Upgrade the router's firmware: There can be a possibility that your router's firmware is outdated. You need to upgrade it by the following steps-
- Look for your router model from the Netgear website.
- Check for the most up-to-date firmware.
- Click on it and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update
4. Replace the antenna: You can try to fix or replace the antenna that is supporting your router. The company provides online and offline replacements at your convenience.
5. Change the router's IP address: If your IP address has changed, you need to change it back to the default.
6. Reset your router: If the above steps don't help you, try to reset your router with these steps-
- Turn on your router and locate the reset button.
- Press on the button for 15 seconds with the power on.
- Wait until the red light turns green.
- Reconnect your device from the router to start working again
These are some troubleshooting ways to help you fix the Netgear router issue. What is the wait now when you know all the tips for how do I fix my Netgear wireless router issues? Pick any suitable methods and get in pace with your router again. If the above steps don't help you, try to contact the manufacturing company to know the troubleshooting steps for your Netgear router.