How to recover hacked outlook account?
If your outlook account has been hacked for any reason, then you might have a doubt in mind regarding what to do if your Outlook Account has been hacked by someone. Users sometimes get locked out of their accounts because Microsoft observes some suspicious activity taking place on your account. There are various ways to keep your outlook account secure, and the method to recover the account is given below:
What to do if your Outlook Account has been hacked?
The step by step procedure to recover your Outlook account:
- With the help of your web browser, go to the Microsoft account login page through your mobile phone or desktop.
- Now on the homepage, find the 'forgot my password option available under the username and password tab.
- Click on it now; on the following page, you will see three options, and you have to choose the 'I think someone else is using my Microsoft account' option.
- Now state the reason why you think someone might be using your account, then click on the Next button.
- The next step is to enter the outlook account's email address or phone number that you wish to recover.
- Now under the email field, please enter the captcha character that is shown on display.
- Click on the 'next' button and select the verification mode. Microsoft will send you a security code to ensure that you are initiating this recovery activity.
- Once you receive the security code on the selected email or phone number associated with the outlook account, you need to enter the code to proceed with further steps.
- Now you will be redirected to another page where you can reset your outlook account's password.
- Make sure to choose a strong password and enter it twice for security purposes; go back to your login page and get access to your account.
You can also get in touch with the customer support team of Microsoft if the above-mentioned steps for Recover a Hacked Outlook Account do not work for you. The customer executives of Microsoft are available on call, chat support, and social media. Users can also get more information through the community forum.