Lufthansa Cancellation Policy
If you have booked a flight with Lufthansa flights but somehow you are not able to travel due to some emergency then you can cancel your ticket with them. Lufthansa allows the passengers to cancel the ticket on the basis of a few terms & conditions that are discussed under their flight cancellation policy. Further, all the required information about flight cancellation with Lufthansa is discussed below in brief.
- Lufthansa 24 hour cancellation policy allows the passenger to cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking without any extra charge. Make sure that the scheduled departure of the flight you are canceling is after 7 days.
- According to Lufthansa cancellation policy if you cancel your ticket after 24 hours then you will have to pay a certain amount of charge that is called cancellation fee.
- Lufthansa cancellation fee varies and calculated on the basis of ticket fare rule.
How to cancel a ticket with Lufthansa?
As you know that Lufthansa flights allow passengers to cancel their tickets online. Further, the steps for online ticket cancellation with Lufthansa flights are given below:
- Go to the official website of Lufthansa and tap My Booking section
- Provide your Booking ID and the last name of the passenger
- Then click the search button to retrieve your bookings
- Now select the flight you want to cancel from the list of your bookings with Lufthansa.
- Open the flight and click cancel button given beside it
- Pay the cancellation fee if applied and Lufthansa will send a ticket cancellation mail to you.
How much does it cost to cancel a ticket with Lufthansa?
According to Lufthansa cancellation policy when you cancel a ticket after 24 hours of scheduled flight departure is before 7 days then you have to pay cancellation fee listed below:
- 39 dollars when you cancel a ticket after 24 hours and take no action within the stipulated time limit of 48 hours.
- 50 dollars when you cancel your award ticket.
What is the Lufthansa Refund Policy?
When you cancel a ticket with Lufthansa you are eligible to receive a certain amount of refund. The amount of refund and how to get such a refund from them all this comes under their refund policy. Further Lufthansa refund policy is discussed below:
- You have to submit an online refund request on the Lufthansa website at least one day before the scheduled departure.
- If your online refund request is not able to process properly contact Lufthansa customer support.
- The refund for a ticket booked through a travel agency will be processed by them only.
Hopefully, now you have clearly understood all the necessary things to keep in mind while canceling a ticket with Lufthansa. Contact Lufthansa customer support for more information.