Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
Know more about the cancellation policy and procedure of Southwest Airlines
It is always suggested to the travelers to plan their trip to avoid last-minute issues with the flight reservations. But, as the future is quite unpredictable, there are chances that some travelers might require to cancel their bookings with the airline.
Fortunately, for those who have booked reservations with Southwest Airlines are offered with an option to cancel reservations online. So, for the passengers who are planning to cancel their booking here, are some of the major pointers of Southwest Airlines cancellation policy that one should know before heading on with the cancellation process.
Major points of cancellation policy of Southwest Airlines
- For canceling the flight ticket with Southwest Airlines, it is required that the reservation was booked online or via reservation center.
- Also, the airline offers ticket cancellation options for both refundable and non-refundable reservations within 24-hours of initial purchase.
- Besides, if the cancellation is made after 24-hours from the initial purchase then, the passenger might need to pay a cancellation fee to the airline.
- Further, for canceling the reservation online, it is required that the flight ticket was booked online or via the reservation center of the airline.
Besides, for the passengers who have queries regarding Southwest Airlines cancellation policy they can feel free to contact the reservation department of the airline.
How to Cancel a Southwest Airlines Flight
- For canceling the flight ticket, visit the airline website.
- Navigate to the Change and Cancel option present on the homepage.
- Now, enter confirmation number with full name and select cancel flight option.
- Further, click on the Search option to retrieve the booking.
- Once the booking is retrieved, confirm flight ticket cancellation with the airline.
Also, passengers can even contact the reservation department of the airline for instant cancellation of the flight ticket.
How long to get a refund from Southwest Airlines
For the passengers who have canceled reservations with Southwest Airlines and have no clue about Southwest airlines refund policy, they can read out the points provided to get a quick refund.
- For getting a refund for canceled reservations, the passenger is required to submit a refund request form online.
- In case, if the flight ticket is canceled within 24-hours of purchase, the refund will be provided in the original form of payment or credit.
- Further, the refund amount will be provided to the passenger depending on the fare type and payment mode.
Hence, this was the complete details about the cancellation policy and procedure of Southwest Airlines. So, manage your reservations accordingly and get a quick refund.