Yahoo Mail Not Working
In the past few years, email services have become one of the basic requirements for routine online activities. Further, with the advancement of technology, email has become one of the essential features for accessing smartphone devices.
Well, to fulfill the email requirements of the users' various email services were launched, including Yahoo Mail. Known for offering the users with the finest email services, Yahoo Mail has managed to satisfy thousands of users with its services. Still, there are a few users who have reported issues with the email service like Yahoo mail not working, which is very common and can be resolved in time.
Cause of Yahoo Mail not responding issue
Multiple reasons can lead to Yahoo Mail not responding issue, but some of the common reasons that can lead to this problem include the following:
- Issue from server end
- Internet connectivity
- Incorrect account details entered by the user
- An outdated version of Yahoo Mail app
- Issues with the server settings
How to resolve Yahoo Mail not responding issue
Many users have a query on how to fix Yahoo mail not working on iPhone issue. Well, for users who are looking for solutions to resolve this issue here, are some of the effective solutions to resolve this issue in time.
1. Restart the device
One of the simplest ways to resolve this issue in time is by rebooting the iPhone. It might seem like a basic troubleshoot solution but has helped a majority of the users to resolve this issue in time.
2. Re-add Yahoo account on the device
For this process, it is recommended that the user removes the Yahoo Mail not working from the device and re-add the account again and check if the issue is resolved or not.
For re-adding the Yahoo account, the user needs to launch the Settings app.
- Then, the user needs to tap on the Account and Passwords option.
- Further, the user is required to remove the Yahoo account from the device.
- Once done, the user is required to re-add the account by tapping on the Add account option.
3. Modify the SMTP settings
- Select Accounts and Password option under the Settings section.
- Further, the user is required to tap on Yahoo and select the outgoing server SMTP.
- Now, in the particular section, the user is required to tap on other SMTP servers.
- Once the user can access the settings, they need to set hostname as smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- Then, the user is required to provide the username and password.
- Further, the user needs to set the port as 587 and 465 and click on done.
4. Update iOS
Another quick way to fix this issue is by simply updating the iOS of the device.
Hence, these are the few solutions that one can try out to resolve Yahoo mail not responding issue in time. In case, if the issue persists, the user can contact the support to resolve this issue.